Ryan D. Very, Esq.
Like his grandfather who practiced law before him, Ryan Very is a zealous Pittsburgh trial attorney who works tirelessly to assert his clients’ rights and promote justice.
A fourth-generation Pittsburgher, Mr. Very has represented hundreds of businesses and consumers in a wide range of civil litigation and criminal defense matters. He attended a top-twenty law school and, upon graduation, was awarded a fellowship at the American Civil Liberties Union, one of America’s most esteemed legal institutions. He worked at the Pennsylvania chapter, which legalized same-sex marriage state-wide. A proficient litigator, Mr. Very has negotiated hundreds of thousands of dollars in civil settlements and plea-bargained for the withdrawal of multiple felony charges at the first stage of a criminal proceeding. He has built a client-obsessed, results-driven practice that provides cost-effective strategies that maximize results and avoid preventable obstacles.
- American Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Allegheny County Bar
- J.D., Boston University
- M.A., Boston University
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh, summa cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of PA
- Supreme Court of PA
- Chair, County Referral Committee
- Member, Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
- Member, ACLU Legal Committee
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- ACLU Law Fellow
Firm’s Representative Matters
- Achieved $70,000 pain and suffering insurance settlement
- Withdrew three felony burglary charges at first stage of proceeding in exchange for community service
- Reunited falsely-accused father with children following unlawful and baseless CYS separation
- Negotiated release of commercial lessee one year into five year lease
- Reduced property owner’s tax assessed value by $77,500
- Negotiated five-figure settlement for defective automobile with attorney’s fees
- Negotiated withdrawal of five felony charges in theft matter
- Litigated $0 award in seller disclosure suit
- Achieved gag agreement for defamed teacher
- Settled two rape suits for nuisance damages and zero-dollar withdrawal with prejudice on behalf of falsely accused teachers
- Awarded 190k judgment in business fraud matter
Think you may have a case? Let’s talk.